We all learn and develop in different ways. Sometimes we need a bit of help and guidance to understand how to get from A to B and to build the pathways we need to reach our goals! With the early years forming the basis for our future learning and development, Foundational Footprints is a group designed to support 2 – 4 year old children (and their parents/care-givers) to nurture and gather the skills they need to reach their full potential.
Goals of the Group:
- To develop your child’s foundational skills (with a focus on three areas: self-regulation, social skills and independence) to support them to build the skills they need to engage in their meaningful activities.
- To build skills towards lowering your child’s stressors in:
- Sensory processing (8 senses)
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Social skills
- To understand the role of self-regulation and the steps to building and supporting this in your child
- To identify the stressors contributing to your child’s dysregulation or difficulty in completing activities
Who: 2-4 year olds and their parents/caregivers.
When: Friday’s 9:30-11am
Dates: 8-week program, last four weeks of Term 2 (11th, 18th, 25th June, 2nd July) and first four weeks of Term 3 (23rd, 30th July, 6th, 13th August).
Where: Calm and Connected HeadQuarters, 5C/11 Erade Drive, Piara Waters
What is included:
Goal setting call prior to the group to determine individual therapy group goals for your child.
1.5 hour group session with 2:1 ratio of support. The first hour of this is with just the children and the last 30 minutes involve parent participation with the children for a group activity and opportunity to give feedback on the kids participation in the group.
1 hour fortnightly online workshop for parents/caregiver (You will receive a total of 4 workshops. Topics TBC based and linked to goals e.g. sensory processing, social skills, self regulation, motor skills, daily living tasks)
A written summary report at the end of the program including a summary of your child’s strengths,their goals, challenges/areas to develop and strategies that supported them during the group sessions.
Cost: $95 per person per session, $760 per 8 week program