This full day workshop is for Teachers to learn how to support the self-regulation of their students: Course Objectives: Understand the neuroscience of Self Regulation and how it is developed in
This full day workshop is for Teachers to learn how to support the self-regulation of their students:
- Understand the neuroscience of Self Regulation and how it is developed in kids
- Understand sensory processing and what a ‘seeking’ and ‘sensitive’ child means
- Learn practical strategies to implement in the classroom to support the whole class
- Learn practical strategies to support individual children in a whole class
- Learn strategies on how to de-escalate children
There will be lots of opportunity to ask questions and talk through situations that you are encountering in your classroom. All teachers will walk away with new in depth information and strategies that they can put in place the next day.
About the presenters:
Sandra Clues is an Occupational Therapist at Calm and Connected. She is currently studying her Masters of Education and has completed placements towards her degree. Sandra is passionate about the integration of therapy into the classroom as a way of supporting children who have learning and emotional needs. She has a in depth understanding of what impacts a child’s ability to stay calm, regulated and connected to learning and ways that children can be supported in the classroom. Sandra has significant empathy when working with teachers as she understands the complex dynamic of having to support numerous children as well as keeping the focus on meeting academic outcomes.
(Tuesday) 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Calm and Connected
19B Erade Drive, Piara Waters
Calm and Connectedcontact@calmandconnected.com.au 19B Erade Drive Piara Waters